About the event
We are in an era of economic disruption, with skills shortages in key industries, pressures of an ageing population, and the uncertainties of Brexit. Automation and technological change, too, are changing the way we work, and revolutionising the skills required by learners and employers.
The Scottish Government has prioritised the need to answer these challenges by placing skills at the heart of Scotland’s economic strategy. But this faces challenges in practical terms, such as the reputational issue of apprenticeships – most parents still say that apprenticeships are valuable, but not for their children. So how do we increase the uptake of apprenticeships to a similar level as Germany, in turn adding £3.2bn to our economy?
Join us at Holyrood’s 3rd annual Skills & Apprenticeships conference as we examine solutions to the challenges facing the skills system, examples of good practice at foundation, modern, and graduate level apprenticeships, and explore how to create the workforce of the future.
Why you should attend:
- Ensure you are up-to-date with the latest developments in the changing landscape of apprenticeships and training in Scotland
- Consider key challenges facing educators, skills providers, and industry and how these can be overcome
- Assess the future role of apprenticeships and training and how to tackle skills gaps at organisational and sectoral levels
This conference is free to attend for:
- Employees of public sector organisations
- Employees of registered charities and professional bodies
- Representatives of private sector organisations responsible for that company’s apprenticeships policies, HR, Learning and Development, Recruitment, etc.
Delegates not meeting our free attendance criteria can register for individual delegate places at the rate of £199 or enquire RE commercial opportunities at email@example.com
Holyrood reserves the right to refuse attendance to delegates not meeting our free attendance criteria