Review of 2017 event
The Future of Apprenticeships & Training: Tackling Scotland's Skills Gaps
Holyrood welcomed over 150 attendees to our 2017 conference, supported by CBI, Business in the Community and Skills Development Scotland.
From the changing landscape of skills and training to tackling gender skills gaps and meeting skills shortages, this conference examined the latest developments and key challenges ahead. We welcomed delegates from across the Public,Third and Private sectors.
Keynote speakers included:
- Chris Brodie, Lead Head, Skills Planning and Sector Development SDS
- Hugh Aitken CBE, Director for Scotland, CBI
- Talat Yaqoob, Director, Equate Scotland
- Emma Stagg, Policy Adviser, Skills, Heritage Lottery Fund Scotland
- Catherine Cartmell, Skills Development Manager, Museums Galleries Scotland
- Paul Zealey, Skills Planning Lead, SDS
- Michael Cross, Interim Director of Access, Skills and Outcome Agreements, Scottish Funding Council
- Russell Gunson, Director, IPPR Scotland
- Alan Thornburrow, Scotland Director, Business in the Community
- Jamie Hepburn MSP, Minister for Employability and Training, Scottish Government
Many thanks to our sponsors